In today’s world many of our young adults are dealing with societal pressures and demands on image. Our clients also may not have learned effective ways of coping with their emotional triggers and feelings, thus they turn to things like food and body image to cope. This then turns into a poor relationship not only with food but their bodies as well. Here at OPI we treat the whole person and not just the diagnosis.
We see a vast array of ways eating disorders and poor body image can surface in our clients. This ranges from those in recovery from Anorexia, Bulimia, binge eating disorder, and ED NOS (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified). We also see many clients who have poor body image issues that can affect them in all areas of their life, from social to work and school.
Each client is set up with a very individualized treatment plan with our clinical team that can help them progress on the road to recovery. These services include:
- Individual sessions with their therapist
- Medication management with their psychiatrist
- Food and Feelings group to process with other clients and obtain support
- Individual meetings with the Addictions Department to talk about eating disorder specific events
- Outside meetings of support such as: ANAD, ED Anonymous and OA
- Individual sessions with a dietician for meal planning and support
- Life Coaching to assist in overcoming any obstacles and to provide more support in their recovery
Every client is different, and our goal is to work closely with each to provide a comprehensive plan to support individual recovery.
Our common goal is to allow the client to develop that healthy relationship to self as well as with food and body so that they can obtain their ultimate goal: freedom from eating disorders and poor body image.
Our experienced clinical team and personnel, dedicated Departments of Educational Services, Career and Volunteer Services, Extracurricular Activities, Life Coaching, and Addiction Counseling Services along with our OPI Living facility location in Southern California make it possible for us to find opportunities these young adults can truly get excited about. This excitement is essential because it enables them to share a joyous part of themselves, which, when reflected back, helps create hope for the future.
Need More Info?
Contact us for more information at 866-661-3982 or click below to submit a contact form. We will be in touch promptly.Contact Us