As we continue to monitor the ongoing situation surrounding the coronavirus, we are very confident in our team’s abilities and intentions to keep OPI a safe environment for treatment. We have no known or confirmed cases of COVID-19 amongst our staff or participants and we are working diligently to maintain that.
In an effort to maintain a clean, healthy and safe environment for our participants and staff, OPI has implemented the following incremental measures to provide the safest environment possible:
- We have suspended all employee travel
- All participant travel, including community outings and home visits in high-traffic, social environments (such as restaurants, theatres and so forth), have been canceled or postponed and we are replacing these normal activities with other fun indoor and outdoor activities while practicing responsible social distancing
- All family or parent visits will be postponed and rescheduled to a later date to reduce the chances of spreading the virus in our community
- All staff arriving for their shift are being assessed to be completely free of symptoms and that they have not traveled to restricted areas
- If they have, they will be prevented from entering the program and working with our participants and fellow employees
- Any participants newly enrolling must go through a medical assessment and evaluation to screen for symptoms of the virus and anyone with current symptoms will be asked to postpone their admission
We have also moved several of our larger groups to remote/video group sessions so that we can continue to provide community, skills and support to our participants.
We are confident in the precautionary measures we are taking. Should any participant at OPI demonstrate symptoms of being ill, we have protocols to enact a supportive quarantine of that participant.
We are taking this opportunity to reinforce many of the DBT skills we utilize at OPI – from radical acceptance, checking the facts and PLEASE MASTER skills – our focus is on community, resiliency and support.
We sincerely thank you for your trust in us during this complex time. We appreciate your understanding and your support of the measures we are taking to ensure the residents at OPI continue to be and feel safe, emotionally, mentally and physically.